National Cat Day is October 29th
Do know that October 29th is National Cat Day? At Best Friends Services, we wanted to take a moment and honor all of the cats in the world.
Cats are different. They hold their own. They have unique personalities that you can usually get from other pets such as dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.
What’s great about cats is that they know they are awesome. They know that they deserve the best from their owners, and they aren’t afraid to make that happen.
If you’ve ever been awoken to give your kitty some water or food, you know the demands they place on their owners. You also know that there’s no greater feeling than having your kitty weave in and out between your legs purring.
Many dog owners will argue that their pets are more beneficial to humans. They lower blood pressure, stress levels and heart rate. But guess what? Cats do too! Cats have a lot of benefits:
- They have less carbon footprint than dogs because they don’t eat as much.
- Studies show that they can be a huge coping tool for people who are distressed or are in pain.
- They can make you nicer! Yes, a British poll showed that men who owned cats were much nicer than those who did not.
- Another study showed that cat owners were 30 percent less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke.
- A 2003 Swiss study finds that cats are just as good for companionship as dogs because they produce the same emotions in people.
As you can see, cats are great! They simply don’t get as much recognition as dogs though, which is sad.
That’s why we’re helping you celebrate National Cat Day!
You can visit the official National Cat Day website at http://www.nationalcatday.com/. You can read all about this holiday and what it truly means.
If you have a cat, go ahead and give him or her a treat or two! If you don’t because he or she has passed away, take time to remember all of the good times you had. This is the day to bring out pictures and smile over all of the cat antics your fluffy friend used to do.
Come by our Facebook page on the 29th because we are honoring cats. We love them and we know you do too. You can post pictures of your cats and let us know why you love them so much.
To end our blog post, here are some our favorite cat pictures for you to admire.
Peak a Boo!
It’s all about relaxation. Humans don’t get it sometimes.
Hygiene is always important. You must look your best to be your best.
When the food bowl is empty, decorations are a good snack.
Yes, I’m mad. Can’t you tell?
Happy National Cat Day!